Intern - Software Developer (Customer Business Solutions)
Please review the job details below.
DigitalGlobe is looking for bring in an software development intern for the summer to work within our Customer Business Solutions team (CBS). The Customer Business Solutions internship candidates will have an academic background which includes computer science or mathematics.
The intern is expected to leverage their academic foundation to quickly learn business integration technologies in a service oriented architecture environment. Focus areas will be web security and cloud based computing. CBS interns are responsible for supporting Agile Feature Owners, helping scrum teams with defining user stories and acceptance criteria, and providing technical documentation in support of development and implementation.
- Work directly with feature owners, product owners, developers, testers, and/or customer representatives.
- Endeavor to continually learn about our cloud based, evolving systems with a focus on ingest data processing and imagery production services.
- Participate in design sessions with internal clients from back-end processing to user interfaces, with an emphasis on the order domain.
- Support implementation, test, and troubleshooting system anomalies.
- Participate in modifying quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Learn from mentors and other developers to build rapport with other collaborators such as customer representatives, testers, and software developers.
- Support Agile Software Development Life Cycle processes used to facilitate changes to the system baseline
- Willing to take on other production-related duties as needed.
- Student currently enrolled in a 4-year or graduate-level university program and returning in the fall semester. (Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics)
- Familiarity with computer programming methods (Java and Python).
- US Citizenship is required.
- Familiar with cloud-based computing (Amazon Web Services - AWS).
- Service Oriented Architecture knowledge is a plus.
- Software development experience is a plus.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of self-motivation is essential – must be willing to be become actively involved with system design and operability. Strong team focus with collaborative skills
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.