Intern - Satellite Navigation Systems
DigitalGlobe is offering a summer internship position within the Satellite Navigation team. The Satellite Navigation team is responsible for orbit determination, orbit prediction, orbit maintenance, and collision avoidance for DigitalGlobe’s satellite constellation. The team also supports orbit design and spacecraft development, integration, and testing for DigitalGlobe’s future satellite missions.
- Supporting Satellite Navigation in all areas of operations, analysis, system development and documentation.
- With guidance from the Satellite Navigation team:
- Execute analyses to quantify precision orbit determination accuracy enhancements.
- Develop software scripts and tools to automate analyses and data visualization.
- Execute predicted orbit maintenance scenarios to verify robustness of orbit prediction software system.
- Write technical documents to capture procedures and results as assigned.
- Student currently enrolled in a 4-year or graduate-level university program (Engineering preferred)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical groups
- Independent working skills
- Familiarity with computer programming methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Experience with UNIX/LINIX operating Systems
- Knowledge of MATLAB
- Knowledge of Perl or other scripting language
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.