Intern - QA Automation Padawan
About the Department
Geospatial Cloud Services is responsible for the delivery of high resolution imagery taken by DigitalGlobe satellites to a variety of both commercial and governmental concerns. Our online portal serves thousands of customers every day, unlocking critical information about our changing planet with unmatched quality, resolution, and accuracy.
About the Internship
The GCS Internship project, codenamed “Automaton”, has as its goal the completion of a high fidelity User Interface (UI) test harness intended to replace a significant portion of the manual testing currently required of the DigitalGlobe Cloud Services portal. This project will include the use of current technologies and languages to produce a test harness capable of navigating our UI automatically while executing commonly used workflows.
The intern will collaborate and work closely with our Quality Assurance engineers and Developers to produce this test harness with oversight being provided by the Agile Manager.
- Produce a UI Test Harness using Selenium/Selenide (or other tools as discovered/directed)
- Configure the Test Harness to run at specified intervals using the Jenkins build server
- Aid in the creation and distribution of work instructions to GCS staff on the use of the test harness
- Aid in the creation of a maintenance plan for the test harness
- Intermediate level Java programming
- Undergraduate or Graduate, currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with Selenium or other test automation technologies
What you will learn from this internship
- How Imagery is delivered and utilized in the government and commercial spaces
- The role of testing and the QA Engineer in a Software Development organization
End of Internship Presentation Expectations
- Presentation demonstrating the UI Test Harness, maintenance plan, and technical procedures as well as a synopsis of what you have learned during the internship period
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.