Intern - Marketing & Communications at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern - Marketing & Communications
This position will be located in Broomfield, CO and will be responsible for assisting with communication activities. We need a versatile and enthusiastic individual who can support our marketing and communications activities and communicate about our programs, technologies and people to a variety of audiences.
We are looking for a talented, driven and eager individual who has a passion for or interest in the aerospace and defense business and wants to learn and grow as a communications generalist in a great company.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the creation of marketing and branding materials.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to research, create, write, edit, and proofread copy and content for company publications, including any of the following:
- Employee digital newsletter
- Internal website
- External website
- Social media
- Press releases
- Technical writing and editing (business proposals)
- Scripts and talking points.
- Support public affairs and community outreach activities.
- Assist with video production and editing.
- Assist with event planning, support and execution of virtual and in-person engagements.
- Support customer engagement activities and projects.
- Provide additional internal and external communications support, as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Video, Production or a related degree field is preferred.
- Preferred undergraduate or graduate work in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Technical Communication, Multimedia, Communications, Video, Production or related field.
- Strong writing skills; solid understanding of AP Style.
- Event planning/production.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience.
- Video and production experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Interest in:
- Feature writing
- Content creation
- Social media
- Press release writing and editing
- Technical writing
- Social media
- STEM and community outreach
- Video production
- Event planning and support
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Interpersonal savvy.
- Experience and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 - $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.