Intern, Inside/Outbound Sales, Summer Associate Development Program 2021 at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2021 Associate Development Summer Internship Program today!
As a 2021 Summer Intern with FIS, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, social events, professional development seminars and work alongside team mentors. This is a full time (40hrs/week) paid internship that will begin on June 7, 2021 and conclude on August 13, 2021.
About The Team
Our N.A. Merchant Sales Teams are who consults with businesses at the Owner/Operator level, on the right technology solutions to solve their business problems. Leveraging a referred lead driven process as well as self-cultivated leads, our Inside and Outbound Sales Executives are true experts, developing, managing and nurturing a pipeline through preparation/research, uncovering needs, recommending solutions & solving business problems. Our Sales team members are results oriented, affable and astute business problem solvers, often connecting with prospects relationships via outbound phone activity for a total of few hours a day. Th team helps businesses improve customer experience, cash flow, top and bottom line, and run a more efficient business.
What You Will Be Doing
- Our Inside Sales intern program will explore the process of taking referred sales leads and determining which sales motions will generate the best customer outcome. We are exploring “second voice”, campaign/marketing effectiveness and routing of leads within our sales orgs. The role will be a mix of “hands on” data gathering from customers as well as light data analysis of the teams’ results
- Our Value Added Services internship opportunity will focus primarily on our new Gift Card Sales Platform (called Valutec) and will be primarily focus on the sales motion between our Banking group referrals and our Valutec Inside Sales Team. Our goal is to increase total sales, maximize customer experience and map out a standardized process for the new platform.
What You Bring
- Rising Senior (graduating December 2021 through May 2022)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to win, competitive, driven, customer focused. Has some awareness around concepts such as sales process, methodology and pipeline.
What We Offer You
- Competitive full-time paid summer internship
- Opportunity to participate in projects that directly impact business value
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
**Current and future sponsorship are not available for this position**
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.