Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
All internships are paid, full-time work experiences. The Zayo internship program begins on June 7* and formally ends on August 13*, 2021 (*start/end date flexible to academic obligations).
The FTT Engineering Intern will be primarily engaged in planning, installing, and disconnecting cell tower sites across North America. This opportunity allows the intern to see the inner workings of a Tier I service provider. The intern will develop a background in capacity planning, specializing in hardware assets from multiple vendors such as Cisco and Nokia. This includes identifying capacity restrictions, capacity migrations, monitoring/restocking inventory levels, capital budget review, etc. The role is technically oriented and works with multiple internal teams such as architecture, operations, sales and install. The intern will develop analytical skills to decipher network capacity, health and provide cost sensitive resolutions to keep the network in good working order.
- Project Management
- Ethernet Engineering for cell towers
- Microsoft Visio Diagram building
- Review Fiber span designs and determine optical distances needed for equipment
- Studying/degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecom or related major
- Proficiency with critical software systems Microsoft Visio and Google Drive
- Possess strong organizational and communicative skills, including oral, written, and listening
- Familiarity with:
- IP Networking
- Familiarity with telecommunications concepts a plus
- Eagerness to expand knowledge base in a technical role
- Acquire technical knowledge of capacity planning and design standards
- Gain exposure to telecommunications hardware across multiple vendors
- Develop professional networks across a wide variety of functional groups
- Build experience interacting with a variety of stakeholders, including at leadership levels
- Gain industry experience, an education in telecom, and understanding of Zayo’s foundational role in broadband
- Strengthen critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Upon successful completion, the intern should possess the appropriate prerequisite skills needed for an Associate-level capacity planning role
- Gain an understanding of command line interfaces for multiple vendors
- Learn from seasoned engineers
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including medical and 401 (k)
- Pay: $18/hour
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.