Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern – Financial Planning & Analysis
What You’ll Do:
- Support the financial planning and analysis organization.
- Establish knowledge of policies and procedures per internal policies, U.S. GAAP, Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Support 2022 Q2 reforecast process.
- Access and retrieve data from various systems and reporting tools.
- Update metrics and presentations.
- Pick a focus area and make a recommendation on how to improve efficiency and/or execution.
- Assist in evaluating cost estimates for a Research & Development, Bid & Proposal, or Capital project.
- Monitor project(s) and meet with project manager(s) to ensure timely forecasts spending to plan.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. We will also accept students enrolled in a graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Junior or Senior preferred.
- An emphasis in Finance/Accounting or related field.
- Desire to work long term with Ball Aerospace, as the position can lead to a full-time position after graduation.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the following areas: finance, accounting, business and economic principles and practices, financial modeling.
- Excel knowledge.
- Ability to prepare and present financial analysis to employees at all levels.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 - $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.