Intern - Cost Estimating & Pricing Operations at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern - Cost Estimating & Pricing Operations
Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions within the Finance department.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. New business opportunities will involve various contract types ranging from Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Materials.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Data collection and analysis of pricing.
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop, populate and check Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist in the collection of historical data, analysis and correlation for BOE development.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external RFP requirements.
- Review and provide historical data in support of BOE development.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to process.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, the Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2022. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Progress toward a Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting/Finance/Analytics, or other relevant majors/experience.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction and prioritize.
- Excellent Math/analytical background.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong grasp and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- PowerBI, Python, R experience preferred.
- Ability to sort through data and provide analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $16.25 - $21.85 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.