Intern - Bioinformatics (ADX-231-20) at ArcherDX
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
- Coding duties as determined by team lead
- Publication curation and entry into databases
- Development of automated parsing scripts
- Supporting the R&D team's analysis needs
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in genomics and bioinformatics
- Proficient in scripting languages (perl/python)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with scientists, software engineers and collaborators
- Drive and determination
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team
- Self starter
- Driven to perform
- Desire to learn
- Coursework in bioinformatics, computer science, or related discipline or equivalent experience