Intern - AI Research - Computational Biology at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Location: Remote U.S.A.
What is the Invitern Program?
The Invitern Program offers opportunities for students, recent grads, or those who are early in their career to develop industry skills through Invitae’s internship roles.
With each opportunity, we aim to create an experience for our interns (Inviterns!) that is enhanced by mentorship, networking opportunities, and impactful work. Throughout the duration of this program, we hope to offer a sense of community with our Inviterns and build lasting relationships. Our hope is that Inviterns become future Invitaens!
The 2022 Summer Invitern Program is a paid internship and will start June 6th, 2022 and commence August 12, 2022.
Late October 2021 - Invitern role open for applications
December 2021 - Inviterns selected
June 2022 - Inviterns start
August 2022 - Invitern Program ends
Intern - AI Research - Computational Biology
Summer 2022 - AI Computational Biology Group
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. We are driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are changing the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
As a world-class leader in genetic diagnostics applications and research, Invitae Advanced Research is seeking candidates for internships in computational biology and machine learning.
Interns will work alongside Computer Scientists and Computational Biologists using bayesian deep learning and causal inference methods to solve outstanding problems in systems and population genetics.
Strong candidates will have:
- Familiarity or expertise with population genetics and manipulating large human genomic datasets
- Familiarity or expertise with network biology methods
- A strong mathematical background (e.g., stochastic processes and graphical models)
- Experience constructing and training neural network models in python (we use PyTorch and pyro)
The internship will
- Take place remotely over 10-12 weeks in Summer 2022
- Provide competitive compensation for industrial computer science research internships
- Be supported and supervised by the AI Computational Biology Group and Invitern Program
- Offer opportunities for publication in an appropriate academic conference and/or journal
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.