Information Security Engineer Internship - Summer 2020 at HomeAdvisor
For the summer of 2020, the InfoSec intern will develop tools and processes according to security guidelines with oversight by senior members of the team, identify weaknesses in our systems that will drive changes to the overall security architecture, and work as a liaison to all other business teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with people of varying levels of technical ability
- Comfortable learning independently and asking for help
- Any experience operating and automating in a virtualized environments, public cloud (preferably AWS) is a plus
- Strong interest and desire to learn about cyber security
- Pursuing a BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or similar
This is a paid internship opportunity for the summer of 2020. This internship is slated to last 12 weeks, is a full-time, 40 hours per week position, and will require work from our downtown Denver office.
Your internship will include:
- Dedicated support from your manager and mentor for the summer
- Social, community and learning events
- 12 weeks, full-time (40 hr/wk) work from June 1 - August 21, 2020
- Relocation assistance, if eligible
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!