Helpdesk Intern at Housecall Pro
Who is Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team that is experiencing high growth with ability to explore different career paths.
Who you are:
You are someone who searches for reasons and causes. You have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation and dissect ideas and examine them carefully to find the best solution.
You have the ability to gain a clear understanding of what is happening and why it is happening. You frequently identify ways to transform an obstacle into an opportunity.
You use empathy, active listening, and patience to drive your sense of urgency to find a solution that will instill confidence into your internal business partners.
Passion for learning, for new experiences, and for being the best at what you do.
What you will be doing:
- System proficiency: Mac and PC
- Proficiency in equipment setup troubleshooting ( both in office and remote environments)
- Escalate issues to 3rd party vendors and/or Apple Enterprise support including login and password resets, error messages, etc.
- Troubleshoot internet/connectivity related issues for remote employees as well as in-office (Denver/San Diego)
- Zoom troubleshooting - how to screen share, update privacy settings, Zoom Room Conference Room etc.
- Troubleshoot internal resources (Slack, Zoom) and softwares (Salesforce)
- Point of contact for 3rd party vendors to order computers based on headcount projections.
- Associates/Bachelor's degree with 1 year of experience in desktop support or equivalent experience. Training/experience with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Operational knowledge of common computer hardware systems and computer software programs.
- Skill in negotiating and problem solving to resolve internal and external conflicts.
- Ability to think creatively around problems and identify creative solutions.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone, Slack, email, and Zoom.
- Ability to approach and communicate with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner and form and maintain working relationships with all internal IT customers.
- Ability to engage in effective interpersonal interaction, verbal communication and written communication.
- May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and reach; minimal lifting in order to move or adjust hardware components.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds and must be able to crawl under work surfaces for cable and jack related work.
**Potential to transition into a full-time role
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the field service management software space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.