Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the team:
The Financial Planning & Analysis team works on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes it complex to forecast and data rich. Due to the complex nature of our business, our FP&A team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical knowhow and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
About the role:
Angi is seeking data-focused analysts to join our dynamic Financial Planning & Analysis team for a 12-week internship program. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with a desire to make an impact on our growing company.
Qualities that make a great candidate:
- Pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline such as finance, statistics, economics, mathematics, engineering, physics, etc. graduating in spring 2022 or earlier
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through.
- Knowledge of SQL, Access, or other relational databases
- Knowledge of statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
What you’ll do as a FP&A Intern:
We work daily with the business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. You'll step into a data analysis role with the FP&A team, primarily focusing on complex problem solving and building predictive models, as well as ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions. You must be able to use your quantitative skills to break down large data sets and identify underlying trends and business drivers. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You'll need to know your way around excel, some experience in statistics, have an aptitude for relational databases as well as a solid helping of common/business sense. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company.
The salary band for this position ranges from $15-$20/hour. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.