Financial Planning & Analysis Intern at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Intern to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. You will be a key contributor to our Finance Organization, specifically working with the Financial Planning & Analysis Team. In this role, you will be involved firsthand in driving the financial and strategic objectives of the business. The FP&A Intern will support ongoing financial reporting, including monthly actuals and budget tracking, as well as ad hoc financial analytics to support the key needs of the organization.
This will be a full-time, 12 week, internship during the summer of 2022. This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Deliver timely, accurate financial analysis to stakeholders
- Identify and implement process improvements to the financial reporting process
- Investigate performance variances and present concise, data-driven findings
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support the financial and operational needs of the rapidly growing business
What we are looking for:
- Juniors or Seniors working towards a bachelor’s/master’s degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Familiarity with Excel, Powerpoint, and G-Suite
- Exposure to finance, accounting, economics, and/or related fields of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, VBA) a plus
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay.
- The hourly compensation for this role is: $21.00 per hour worked. This compensation is specific only to Colorado.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.