Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
You will assist in creating reliable, safety-critical embedded software that controls our autonomous vehicle controllers.
The Embedded Software Engineer Intern will be responsible for contributing to major embedded software components in Outrider's autonomous vehicle solution. The role requires exceptional software engineering skills – you will be responsible for helping build and support autonomous vehicle systems that redefine large enterprise supply chains and boast safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop/document embedded software modules in C for the Outrider vehicle controller through all phases of the development lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, unit test, integration, and system test
- Support and assist with Continuous Integration\Continuous Development (CICD) process
- Updating and documenting software requirements for existing modules written with C
- Performing Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) integration testing on various embedded systems and components.
- Rising Junior or Senior in computer science, electrical/electronics engineering, or a related field
- Experience with C and or C++ software development life cycle
- Experience with software unit testing and debugging Experience with creating\documenting software requirements and architecture designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Familiarity with C++, Python, and/or ROS
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems (RTOS) development
- Familiarity with requirement traceability
- Experience developing software following a programming standard
- Experience with the CAN bus and/or Ethernet communication
- Familiarity with functional safety specifications, including ISO 26262, IEC61508