Electrical Engineering Intern
Greater Boulder Area
We are looking for bright and motivated Electrical Engineering students who seek hands-on experience with robotics to help develop and test components of our autonomous mobile systems.
- Assist the electronics engineering team with design, verification, and documentation activities for new circuit assemblies.
- Measure or analyze performance of existing hardware systems.
Revise and improve existing schematics, BOMs, and PCBs.
- Perform hardware troubleshooting, repairs, and modifications.
- Create test plans for new components, collect and analyze data.
- Participate in design reviews of new electronics and systems.
Key skills required
- Knowledge of fundamental electronics components and circuit operation, and ability to interpret schematic drawings.
- Experience with electronics lab equipment including power supplies, DMMs, and oscilloscopes.
- Basic soldering, wiring, and PCB circuit assemblyUse spreadsheets to record measurements, organize data, and perform calculations.
- Basic understanding of the operation of electric motors, rechargeable batteries, and microprocessors.
- 2 or more years of Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technology training, or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Experience with Altium designer for schematic and PCB layout, design, and analysis.
- Experience programming and prototyping with microcontrollers, sensors, and peripherals.
- Programming languages: Python, C/C++
Why work for Canvas?
We are a robotics company changing the way materials are moved. We have a driving passion for creating ground-breaking products and a desire to have big impact. Our environment is exciting, challenging, collaborative, and fun...and we’re building game-changing products. You’ll work with a tight-knit and creative team on state-of-the-art solutions to real problems.
Our office is located in Boulder CO, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Many of us commute by bike and you’ll be a short distance from some of the best hiking, climbing and skiing in the U.S. Boulder offers a unique mix of outdoors, fine dining, microbrewing and much more. Plus, it’s just a happy place.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who love to build things and solve problems. If this is you, please send us your resume and include a clear and concise cover letter to help us understand more about you, including why you are interested in Canvas, why you are leaving or have left your current position and anything else that will give us a better sense of who you are and what you are looking for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, or other protected class.
Read Full Job Description