Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the role
The Director, Internal Communications develops and executes internal communication campaigns that drive employee engagement and understanding of our overall strategy. We are seeking an experienced leader that can provide counsel to the leadership team across departments to effectively communicate key initiatives based on best practices. Effective communication plans will result in employees having a key understanding of our company strategy and how they can help us achieve it. Key responsibilities include campaign development and execution, content creation, and writing and editing a variety of messages for a range of internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Corporate Communications team. The candidate will possess experience working with all leadership levels, including executives, and will understand how to convert communications strategies into measurable results. The successful candidate will stay current on new communication tools and will recommend the best tools for specific campaigns. The candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work on tight deadlines.
What you'll do:
- Develops, plans and implements internal communications strategies that support our strategy and initiatives.
- Develops content to drive employee engagement and understanding of our strategy and how their role impacts the strategy.
- Manages communication channels including executive communication, company newsletters, all-hands meetings, and intranet.
- Partners with various departments from HR to sales to product to understand their key messages and develop effective communication strategies.
- Develops talking points, presentations, and other materials to support key organizational messages.
- Manages and establishes organizational communications best practices.
- Key corporate communications team member for effective crisis and issues management communications in coordination with leadership, HR and legal when needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, media, journalism or related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in communications, background in politics a plus.
- Expert in AP writing style and excellent verbal, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing measurable communication plans.
- Demonstrated innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Collaborative and team-focused with the ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Ability to work independently, managing major projects.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus and equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs; pet discount plans
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world