DevOps Engineering Internship at VIZIO
About the team:
VIZIO's DevOps team is seeking a DevOps Engineering Intern to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support the creation of Automation Tools that have a direct and measurable impact on the Vizio SmartCast TV infrastructure. The DevOps Engineering Intern will report to the Director, DevOps, and provide support to the VIZIO development teams.
What you will do:
- Experience with operating systems like Windows and Linux
- Prior exposure to cloud-based hosting and management (AWS)
- Knowledge and use of containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (Nice to have)
- Working in version control, especially with Git and Github
- Automation tools (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working among multiple teams and communicating effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
- You have a minimum education level of a High School Diploma. (Bachelor's Degree preferred.)
- You have 2+ years of related work experience.
- You are a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, yet at times, ambiguous environment.
- You are a hard-working team player with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- You are a creative problem-solver who digs into root causes analytically instead of relying on intuition.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tell complex stories simply and adapt to questions, rather than just presenting information
- You possess high attention to detail.
- Appreciates the challenge of translating highly technical product offerings and concepts for a wide variety of audiences, elucidating the "why," not just the "what."
- Willing to find the answer
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high-performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter, or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based internship: The minimum hourly rate for this position is $25.00/hour.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Intern, Linux, TV, Cloud, Engineering, Entry Level, Creative, Technology