Inboxlab, a fast-growing digital publisher, is expanding!
We build brands that deliver educational and entertaining experiences directly from the inbox—expanding perspectives through the wonder of learning.
Founded in 2017, we're profitable, VC-free, and have amassed 17 million subscribers across brands in the travel and gamified education verticals–with a pipeline of new brands to be launched.
As a team of 50+, we’re insatiably curious, infectiously optimistic, radically connected and intentionally intrepid. (If that resonates with you, we should talk!)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Inboxlab is looking for a Visual Design Intern to assist in the design, creation, maintenance and management of visual assets, presentations, websites, web apps, emails and much much more.
As the design intern you will be working as a problem solver in a fast-moving, high-growth company. This role reports to the Head of Design and requires an individual with exceptional design acumen and keen insight into crafting outstanding visuals for diverse mediums.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Assist in the creation and execution of presentations and templates used both internally and externally
- Design and create a clean, intuitive, and efficient user interface for all our existing and new brands serving our 19+ Million person audience… talk about exposure!
- Work with diverse teams within the company to provide solutions to internal design needs, collaborating on best practices and new ideas
- Design email templates with the goal of increasing content engagement and click-through rate
- Create interactive design elements for email and web usage
- Work in a product development process that is primarily agile/scrum
- Currently seeking or have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in Graphic Design, Arts or other related
- Completed a visual design related course or gained this knowledge in another way
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- Understanding of what a simple, efficient and elegant User Interface is
- Experience translating complex content into easy to digest and visually outstanding presentations
- Be willing to learn and adapt as the company continues to grow
- Sensitivity for print and digital design work
- Experience with Design Apps like Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus
- Experience and desire to work in email design is a plus
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your strong visual capabilities for problem-solving and storytelling
The internship program is based in Denver, Colorado at our downtown office. We are located inside of the WeWork offices:
1550 Wewatta Street
Denver, C0 80202
DURATION OF PROGRAM
Internships run 90 days and allow for a maximum of 30 hours of work per week, with a minimum requirement of 15 hours/week. Your internship manager will provide you with a schedule built around your availability with considerations to your education.
Interns are compensated $18/hour. Interns will have access to all of the Denver office amenities such as unlimited snacks, cold brew and kombucha. We also have occasional team happy hours and lunch dates for the team.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!