Data Science Intern at Sovrn
We are looking for a Data Science Intern for May 6, 2021 - August 6, 2021 who will support the Data Science team by developing and delivering projects that fulfill immediate business needs. You’ll gain solid exposure to the digital advertising ecosystem as part of our dynamic internship program and expand upon your professional skill set in a unique and fun environment.
About the Job
As a Data Science intern you will be responsible for assisting the Data Science team in projects that span Sovrn’s multiple business lines, and your assignments will involve a mix of data engineering, data science and machine learning tasks. The anticipated project involves incorporating web site category data into Sovrn’s Ad Exchange, employing this data for auction optimization, and assessing its resulting monetary impact.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing a method of mapping content category data from one taxonomy to another
- Automating ETL of re-mapped data into Sovrn’s Ad Exchange
- Analysis of subsequent yield impacts resulting from category data
- Training of a machine learning model to use this category data as a feature
- Analysis of resulting machine learning model performance
- Learning many new skills and data science techniques
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You can break down your work into steps, and can sequence deliveries for maximum velocity and impact. You assess risks, but are not afraid to act. Above all, you’re open to learning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate coursework in pursuit of a bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science or a related field.
- Facility with Python and SQL.
- Familiarity with one or more of: AWS, GCP, Bash, or Git.
- Experience with Google Drive programs such as Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and capable of prioritizing and managing daily duties.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results.
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment.
- Excitement about being part of a fast-paced Data Science team.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week.
- Ability to commit to a term of no less than 3 months.
This position reports to: Director, Data Science
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $20.00 - $25.00 an hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.