HomeAdvisor is seeking a Data Engineering Intern to join the Enterprise Intelligence team for our 10-week, remote summer internship. You will develop tools and processes with oversight by senior members of the team, identify opportunities in our systems and work as a liaison to business teams.
Qualities that make a great candidate:
- Pursuing a BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or similar graduating in 2022 or prior
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with people of varying levels of technical ability
- Comfortable learning independently and asking for help
- Strong interest in data and reporting platforms
- Strong analytical and SQL skills
- Hands on experience in developing data integrations and API integrations using Python or another comparable scripting language
- Knowledge in Data Warehouse architecture and Business Intelligence principals
- Hands-on experience with several database technologies, preferably both conventional database technologies (eg. Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL,etc. ) and cloud big data technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Hadoop, Google BQ, etc.)
- Knowledge in business requirements gathering, data analysis, data mapping, and dimensional data modeling
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
Interns work 40 hours/week. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT, CPT, TN, or STEM.