Customer Contracts Team Intern
Applications: September 2018 - November 2018
Interviews: October 2018 - February 2019
Internship: Approximately 11 weeks; mid-May/mid-June to August/September. Candidates must be available to be in Denver, CO on June 12-14, 2019 and August 14-16, 2019 (travel is provided for interns whose work location is out of state)
Based on your experience and interests, you will interview with and work on a team for approximately 11 weeks during the summer. Interns may be considered for potential full-time opportunities on based on their internship performance.
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 113 company with 18,800 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and right price
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 125 interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
The Customer Contracts Team Intern will assist in the day-to-day contracts administration and management support and customer service activities. The Intern will perform contract administration functions, such as negotiation and legal drafting, to provide the highest level of service and customer satisfaction while maintaining efficiencies in corporate operational processes and procedures. In addition, the Intern will interact and liaise between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, finance, facilities, legal, and other corporate departments) and customers. The Intern will create and maintain relationships with not only internal departments, but influential customers and suppliers as well. Develop, implement and support contract administration efficiencies. A successful Intern will demonstrate a proactive approach and a sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, learn to anticipate our customers’ requirements and communicates their efforts in a timely and effective manner through the development and implementation of contract administration efficiencies.
Requirements & Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Contracts, Legal, Business Administration or Equivalent with a graduation date no earlier than May/June 2019
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) suite with Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (ex. Vlookups & Pivot Tables)
- Detail oriented mindset
- Customer Service and detail-oriented mind set
- Effective time management abilities
This is a paid position