Corporate Finance Intern at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Corporate Finance Intern to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. In this role, you will be involved firsthand in developing financial models to analyze company performance and evaluate strategic initiatives. You will have the opportunity to learn about traditional finance functions and how these operations support the overall business.
This will be a full-time, 12 week, internship during the summer of 2022. This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Develop financial models and strong analytical skills
- Drive deeper understanding of company performance, strategic initiatives, and valuation
- Lead and manage projects from start to finish
- Provide strategic recommendations on projects and team processes
- Influence outcomes across internal, external and cross-functional teams
- Develop personally and professionally in a learning centered culture
What we are looking for:
- Junior undergraduate student focusing on finance, economics, business analytics, statistics, or another related major (Must be returning to school Fall 2022)
- Proven track record of success in prior academic or work experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Advanced Presentation and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational/project-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and change in a dynamic business environment
- Experience managing time and resources to drive toward a goal
- Proven capacity in building relationships within diverse organizational areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay.
- The hourly compensation for this role is: $24.00 per hour worked. This compensation is specific only to Colorado.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.