CIP Intern - Software Engineering
As an Intern with IHS Markit, you will undertake work on a real business project intended to add value to your team as well as provide you with a great learning opportunity.
Overview of the Software Engineering function:
Designs, validates, and brings new products to market. Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials. Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate the following education, skills and experience
Working towards Masters or PhD quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning/AI, or Data Science
Prior coursework or experience in the financial markets
• Strong SQL/data manipulation skills required including cleaning and handling data
• Experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as R, SparkML Python (pandas) etc
• Willingness to work with unstructured, messy data
• Self-starter and results orientated, able to work under minimal guidance
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies
2018 Summer Intern Requirements:
To be eligible to apply for a place on our intern program, you must be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you legally eligible to work for the duration of the intern program in the country for which you have applied?
- Will you have completed your studies in either 2019 or 2020? This program is open to current students only.
- If you do not reside in the IHS Markit office location for which you are applying, are you able to self-relocate in time for the program start date?
Participation for the full duration of the 10-week program is expected. Please ensure you are available as per the dates below before submitting your application:
- North America – June 04 to August 10
- APAC – May 21 to July 27
- EMEA – June 4 to August 10
- India – May 21 to July 27