Business Operations Summer Internship
Hospitality Operations Intern
This is a paid summer internship program that will run from June 2019 through August 2019. Internships do not include room and board. Interns are not eligible for benefits. Upon completion of the internship, there is the opportunity to work part time or full time.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Conduct a move-in audit report daily to ensure our clients have successful arrivals.
- Perform a quality assurance inspection on suites.
- Assist with cable and internet installs.
- Assist with the high volume of active units that occurs in the summer. Making sure key clients do not have rent issues.
- Ensure all billing information is up to date with utility vendor.
- Building relationships with our vendors to ensure our clients/guests have the best experience.
- Call utility vendors to setup and disconnect utility services.
- Provide support for e-mail and phone communications.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Projects Include:
- Create an end of summer project. Collect data from all the inspections. Make a report breaking down how to play offense during busy season. Present the data to management.
- Work with fellow interns and make a video on a day in the life of a Travelers Haven intern/employee. Present the video to management and marketing at the end of the summer.
- Job shadowing of core hospitality positions within Travelers Haven.
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Exposure to leadership
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: Current/Recently graduated student in pursuit of an Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related field.
- Must have a reliable car. We will provide millage and gas coverage for any travels that involve meeting anywhere that is not our office.
- Professional customer service skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Problem solving skills
- Must have a passion for hospitality and travel
- 6 months of customer service experience
- Ability to work Monday – Friday 9am-6pm
- Interest in staying on full-time with a fast paced, growing company within the hospitality industry.