Business Intelligence Intern (Sophomores only) - Full-Time - Summer 2020 at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Intern to work full time over the summer. This is a dynamic position that offers the individual a chance to learn and apply core Business Intelligence skills (Data Modeling/Management, Report/Dashboard Design and Development, etc.) and get an introduction to more advanced topics (UI/UX Concepts, Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics). It also provides exposure to a wide range of Arrow's business as well as a diverse set of users from the desk-level up to the executive team.
Internship: Approximately 11 weeks; mid-May/mid-June to August/September. Candidates must be available to be in Denver, CO on June 17-18, 2020 and August 12-13, 2020 (travel is provided for interns whose work location is out of state)
Based on your experience and interests, you will interview with and work on a team for approximately 11 weeks during the summer. Interns may be considered for potential full-time opportunities on based on their internship performance.
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 150,000 original equipment manufacturers, value-added resellers, contract manufacturers, and commercial customers through a global network. The company maintains over 300 sales facilities and 45 distribution and value-added centers, serving over 80 countries.
A Fortune 109 company with 18,800 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides specialized services and expertise across the entire product lifecycle. Arrow does this by connecting customers to the right technology at the right place, right time and right price
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers - the best technology companies in the world - and connects them through the company's industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 125 interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
Requirements & Skills
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Analyticsor equivalent with a graduation date no earlier than May/June 2020
- Must be a current sophomore (Class of 2022), at time of application
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May or June through Mid-August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Experience with Visualization tools: PowerBI, Tableau (preferred, not required)
Experience with Python, R, SQL (preferred, not required)
- Interest in Machine Learning
- Adaptability – eager to take on new challenges and opportunities
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented mindset
This is a paid position
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)