Business Development Representative Intern
Business Development Representative Internship
RingCentral hosts over 30 interns each summer from colleges nationwide. We have a network of over 17k professionals who are looking for new and fresh ideas from students like you. At RingCentral, we will show you how to leverage your passion, focus, and experience to change the cloud business communications industry. Bring your “A game” and we’ll show you what it’s like to work at a fast-growing and ground-breaking company.
RingCentral, Inc. is an award-winning global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on premise systems, RingCentral solutions empower today’s mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today’s leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows.
“I’ve gained a better perspective of the actual job roles in the BDR department and whether this is something I want to pursue in the future. I also enjoy the culture at RingCentral and within my team and I have a great time working with them.” -JT Kahn, Marketing Major
The Business Development team is looking for a rock-star to work with the Business Development team on various projects, mostly involving making prospecting calls. This role may also accompany staff in high-level meetings with employees, managers, leadership and executives. As a member of RingCentral’s Business Development team, the Business Development intern will have access to a vast network of professionals and the opportunity to engage in professional development training. Don’t miss our application deadline: May 1, 2018, apply now so you can put your passion to work!
- Support the Business Development Teams
- A Mix of Outbound prospecting + Follow up on various leads developed by Marketing
- Online training through RingCentral Learning portal
- One planned meeting with various department leaders to learn about various jobs in Marketing, Sales Operations etc.
- Perform “Secret Shopper” studies of a few RingCentral competitors to learn about how they position their products
- Take on various calling projects such as event lead follow-up and special projects
- Work with Business Development and Business Development Rep’s to help with data
- Attending college as a junior or senior and currently pursuing a Business degree with a focus on Sales
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Proficient with standard office technology (computers, office equipment, etc.) and MS Office
- Strong PowerPoint skills preferred
- Solid past work experience/participation in extra-curricular activities
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Full-time, throughout summer of 2018 [8-10 week internship]
- Must be available to start either May 28th or June 4th
- Making prospecting calls to grow RingCentral Business Opportunities
- Gain exposure to sales and sales development and its processes, communications, and planning processes
- Receive training on B2B sales development
- Learn how to function in a fast-paced, high octane, and professional marketing environment
- How to run an effective Sales call and develop best practices for qualifying a prospect in addition to objection handling techniques
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings.
Openings - Job & Internship webpage
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) provides cloud computing based business phone systems designed for today's mobile and distributed business world. The RingCentral technology platform eliminates the need for expensive and technically complex on-premise legacy phone systems. By combining a hosted, multi-extension business phone system with advanced voice and fax functionality, RingCentral simplifies business communication for modern, flexible business environments. RingCentral is headquartered in San Mateo Belmont, California.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.