Analytics Engineer Intern at Ibotta (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Ibotta is seeking an Analytics Engineer Intern to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This person will be responsible for building and testing new curated data products, owning existing internal data services, expanding organizational data literacy, and detecting data anomalies. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and inspiring technical engineer with a track record of delivering data.
This will be a full-time, 12 week, internship during the summer of 2022. This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Optimize and aggregate raw data into a consumable format for downstream users in Decision Science and Business Intelligence
- Implement and utilize engineering best practices and methods to provide quality curated data sets
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to streamline our ETL processes and warehouse environment
- Work cross-functionally across the entire organization to democratize our data strategy, foster data literacy, and provide some process around data governance
- Monitor and maintain existing data services
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers
What we are looking for:
- Juniors or Seniors working towards a bachelor’s/master’s degree with a focus in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics or a related field
- Understanding of data structures, usage, security, and access
- Has worked with datasets for analysis (SQLServer, MySQL, databases)
- Experience with a cloud-based data warehouse and architecture (e.g. Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, etc.) a strong plus
- Experience with a modern BI/Data Visualization Platform (e.g. Looker, Mode, Sisense, etc.)
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and platforms is a strong plus
- Understands and/or has practiced agile software development
- Has had some exposure to multiple languages and frameworks (Python, Scala, SQL, Spark, and Airflow experience)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay.
- The hourly compensation for this role is: $35.00 per hour worked. This compensation is specific only to Colorado.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.