Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 965 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Accounting Intern
Do you want to play a role in global reporting at a large multi-national corporation?Our accounting team is responsible for global financial reporting and analysis for a large multi-billion dollar global Real Estate Investment Trust listed on the S&P 500. We strive to operate as a cohesive team and be a trusted source to our co-workers to provide timely accurate meaningful reporting and implement practical solutions. During your twelve-week summer internship, you will complete ad-hoc tasks, projects, reports and analyses for either our Corporate or Property Accounting teams. You will be given the opportunity to interact with various departments within Prologis to gain an understanding of our business and technology. The right candidate will enjoy thinking critically to enhance analytics or further automate processes within the Prologis accounting department.
Here’s how to do that:
- Gain an understanding and structure accounting data appropriately to support automated analysis
- Prepare and / or automate financial reports in assigned areas
- Prepare and enhance automated financial analysis in assigned areas
- Re-engineer accounting processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Other duties and / or special projects as assigned
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Pursuing a bachelor or master degree in accounting and completed a minimum of two (preferable three) years of undergraduate-level coursework.
- Proficient with Excel and a desire to learn and enhance the general ledger system, associated subsystems, and reporting tools
- Ability to independently and effectively set priorities, manage multiple tasks and reporting deadlines and produce a quality work product
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively across multiple functional, cultural and management levels (oral and written)
- Demonstrates analytical, process improvement, organizational and problem-solving skills
- High level of detail orientation and accuracy
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time