2022 Summer Cryptography (INTERN) at Zoom Video Communications
In particular, we are developing and deploying new cryptographic protocols for privacy preserving and auditable data structures (such as transparency trees), e2ee communications and identity assertions.
Candidates should have a love for cryptography and security, an interest in bridging the gap between the academic literature and industry requirements/constraints, and an appreciation for simple and elegant solutions.
- Survey the academic literature for existing solutions to a problem, recommending the most suitable given Zoom's constraints
- Develop new solutions to the problems above that are tailored to Zoom's needs, analyze their security and submit academic papers to crypto/security conferences
- Write architecture and design documents describing the problem, solution and security tradeoffs. These will both be shared internally to guide the implementation, and externally for transparency and community feedback. See https://github.com/zoom/zoom-e2e-whitepaper/ for an example
- Occasionally review implementations for security vulnerabilities and compliance with the specifications above
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related field, with a focus on Cryptography
- Experience with threat modelling, formalizing new cryptographic primitives/protocols, and formally proving/analyzing their security
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas about complex systems, both in written and spoken word
(Preferred) Some experience writing Go and/or C++, with awareness of secure coding practices
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram