2022 Spring - UI Design Intern at Workiva
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Application Deadline: September 24th, 2021.
The UI Design Intern helps to build Workiva's cloud-based Wdesk platform. This person creates experiences that are not only visually appealing but also highly usable.
- Build pixel-perfect vector versions of UI components and interfaces.
- Assist with building vector icons and preparing files for implementation.
- Apply our visual style consistently to top-notch interactions.
- Document precise dimensions, colors, and fonts used in mockups for developers building HTML5 and mobile applications.
- Maintain a growing library of visual design assets.
What You'll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Sub-pixel attention to detail.
- Basic HTML and CSS skills helpful.
- Familiarity with basic web design principles.
- Expert with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of After Effects and/or web animation prototyping tools is a plus.
- In a degree-seeking program studying graphic design, visual communication, or a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $27/hour
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers' on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].