2022 Cloud Operations Engineer Intern at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoomies help the world connect - and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
The Cloud Engineering team lies at the foundation of Zoom's success and plays a vital role in delivery of Zoom services. We are looking for Cloud Operations Engineers to help us secure, standardize, and automate our Cloud infrastructure, moving to a true infrastructure as code environment. You will be working with Senior Cloud Operations Engineers to help build and maintain the systems and code that allows us to provide an always available, secure and performant cloud infrastructure, supporting our customers and internal engineering teams in the delivery of Zoom services.
Our Global Emerging Talent Intern Program offers additional support through dedicated mentorship, technical trainings, a leadership speaker series and team specific events. Ample time is dedicated to networking and plenty of fun. Come spend your summer learning and applying your technical smarts at Zoom!
This paid internship is for a duration of 12 weeks during the summer of 2022. The program offers cutting edge projects, as well as a mix of additional types of learning in areas of leadership and business acumen-- and is packed full of fun!
What you will do:
- Work with Cloud Ops engineers to secure Zoom's cloud infrastructure.
- Automate monitoring of cloud infrastructure using Cloudwatch, Zabbix and other monitoring tools.
- Deploy/provision new cloud infrastructure using automation like cloudformation, terraform, boto3(Python).
- Develop and maintain pipelines and systems release processes for build and change activities.
- Develop automated remediation for system faults to remove points of failure in cloud infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional teams including security and compliance to continually improve the overall security posture of cloud resources.
- Develop and maintain dashboards that report on the overall health and observational metrics for our cloud infrastructure
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS, graduate degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Strong skills in Java, Python, shell, Go, or related language
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure CLI
- Familiarity with key DevOps technologies such as Ansible, Docker, Git, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with pipelines, deployment automation, and testing methodologies for pipeline and deployment activities
- Working knowledge of AWS, GCP or Azure cloud
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- Knowledge of any Infrastructure as Code tool preferably Terraform
***Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States***
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .