2020 Summer - User Research Intern at Workiva
At Workiva we create Wdesk, a best-in-class collaborative solution for enterprise productivity and business reporting. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync and reducing risk. We pride ourselves on bringing a consumer quality user experience to business users by fostering a deep understanding of their needs and by continuously validating solutions with data.
What You'll Do:
User Experience Researchers (UxRs) at Workiva help product teams to make data-informed decisions. UxRs work with user experience designers, engineers, and product managers to plan and execute studies, analyze results, and communicate findings. They employ ethnographic interviews, observations, discovery activities, analytics experiments, and usability tests to name a few. We are seeking an intern with strong qualitative training to join our diverse team of professionals.
What You Should Have:
As a UxR, you are intensely curious. You quickly identify puzzles, then systematically collect, analyze, and interpret relevant data to solve them. When presented with a set of qualitative or quantitative data, you find creative ways to apply it to practical questions. You have a deep understanding of sound research. You possess many of the following characteristics:
- Progress toward a Bachelors or Masters degree in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, applied anthropology or related field
- A diverse research toolkit, including interviews, questionnaires, usability tests, and more
- Knowledge of qualitative and ethnographic methods
- Ability to communicate findings and recommend action informed by data
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across disciplines
- Possess superior self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Progress towards Masters degree preferred
- Interest in software development, cloud applications, productivity applications, or social software
- Strong understanding of user experience principles and methods
- Experience facilitating human subject studies like user testing and interviews
- Candidates with additional statistical, analytics, and other quantitative skills are desired
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/