2019 Summer Internship - Technology
About IHS Markit
Named ‘Most Influential Tech Analyst Firm in 2018’, IHS Markit is at the forefront of the digital and technological revolution. At IHS Markit, we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world – in everything from finance to aerospace. The products, services and information we provide will uncover more intelligent solutions to today’s most critical business challenges. IHS Markit is a global leader in information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. We partner with clients in business, finance and government to help them see the big picture with unrivalled insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions.
If you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems and have a desire to work in technology, this is the stream for you. Opportunities within the Technology stream include:
- Software Development
- Information Technology & Infrastructure
- Data Science
- Implementation Consulting
- Quality Assurance
During your summer internship, you’ll gain invaluable on the job experience whilst developing the skills to drive your career within the corporate world. You’ll partner with our industry specialists to deliver high impact work and grow your skillset through our interactive development sessions. A core component of your internship is our tailor-made global innovation challenge, providing you with the opportunity to pitch your ideas to our senior leaders.
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHSMarkit. To be eligible for a Summer Internship, you will:
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
- Have or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) completing no later than September 2020
- This program is aimed at students with 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
For our Technology applicants, we recommend the following:
- A Science, Technology, Engineering or Math’s related degree.
- An understanding and/or interest in any of the following;
- Software development methodologies
- Quality assurance
- Microsoft technologies
- Relational databases
- Java based technologies
How to apply
- Submit your online application, which should include your CV, along with a short cover letter/motivational statement (we suggest around 300 words).
- We want to hear more about you; why you’re interested in joining IHS Markit, and why you’re interested in being considered for the role/s you have applied for.
- We are active in a wide number of industries – if you’re not yet sure which industry would best suit you, that’s no problem, we’re happy to help guide you. If you do have a specific preference, please ensure you include this information so that you are considered for the most relevant roles.
Our assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit CV & Covering Letter
Stage 2: HireVue video interviews
Stage 3: Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.
We recruit on a rolling basis and most of our assessment days are due to take place in early 2019. We recommend early application.
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best possible solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).