Workforce Management Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver and Scottsdale-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
The Workforce Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be responsible for providing day-to-day support, quality assurance, and documentation around Wurk’s workforce management system configuration and practices. Working closely with the operations and sales teams, you will serve as an expert resource for HR, Timekeeping, and Payroll configuration questions, issues, processes, and documentation. Additional duties and job responsibilities may be assigned or change from time to time, at the Company's discretion.
THIS POSITION CAN BE REMOTE
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the ins and outs of the Wurk platform and processes between internal ops and sales teams
- At 30 days, you should be able to own and complete implementation projects, resolve system functionality escalations, and advise internal resources on Wurk’s functionality and best practices
- By the end of 60 days, be testing and troubleshooting Wurk’s configurations, identifying and executing on internal best practice documentation and training opportunities
- Within 90 days, be a self-sufficient workforce management specialist, owning the process of Wurk’s design, testing, problem solving, and internal resource training
- Create plans for incorporating new software features and changes into Wurk processes and client setup.
- Meet with clients to gather information and explain options to them
- Assist with configuration design for large or complex projects, meeting with clients to
- Serve as 2nd level support for implementation and client support to provide expertise to Wurk team members
- Conduct product training, both client facing and internal facing, as needed
- Assist pre-sales consulting team with demo preparation as needed
- Research and maintain up to date knowledge on workforce management practices as they relate to system functionality
- Create and build professional documentation of new process and procedures regarding Wurk’s implementations
What you’ll need to have!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources (HR) and Workforce Management (WFM) implementations required
- Experience in business process mapping
- Experience in change management an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
Technical Skills Requirements
- Expertise in overall functionality and configuration of HRIS/WFM software(s)
- Technical proficiency and intellectual curiosity of a SaaS / Cloud computing environment
- Basic understanding of relational databases and SQL an asset
- WFM experience with one or more of the following applications: Kronos, SalesForce.com, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards. We will also consider expertise with Workbrain/Infor, RedPrairie/JDA, Ultimate, or Oracle HR/Payroll solutions
- Ability to effectively implement an HRIS module or similar end-to-end solution
- Understanding of common human capital management (HCM) business practices
- Understanding of different industries and how Kronos WFR implementation best practices apply to the customer’s business practices
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.