Workers Compensation Market Pricing Analyst at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:31 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Establish Pie as a top 10 commercial insurer among small business owners by providing our customers with an outstanding shopping experience while building a robust portfolio.
How You'll Do It
This individual will have an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the workers’ compensation insurance market. Fast growing company with small company feel. Values entrepreneurial style. Requires “roll up your sleeves” attitude. This position will Produce and interpret standard reports for division use and analyze past trends to be predictive of future business performance. In addition, this role will have a responsibility for review and analysis of the companies product pricing and book of business performance. In all, this position will have a direct impact on the future state of our company.
Whether It's Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. Pie are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed. That means we need this Pie-oneer to be production-focused with a strong analytical skillset.
This is an experienced role requiring at least three (3) years of product development/analytical focused work.
The Day to Day
- Assist Product Management in data gathering and analysis to develop pricing and product development options to meet competitive opportunities.
- Assists the Underwriting Practices Manager through analysis in ensuring the quality and integrity of automated and transactional underwriting and pricing decisions in the small business segment.
- Monitors and provides recommendations of risk pre-qualification, underwriting rules, account pricing, product eligibility, authority/ referral rules and automated workflows.
- Analyzes various data and information to provide input and recommendations.
- Analyzes risk exposures and controls to assist with the effective monitoring, modifying, and creating of underwriting rules to drive profitability in the SB segment.
- Analyzes underwriting rules, loss trends, and emerging issues. Utilizes this information to provide input to the strategic direction for improving specific lines of business and industries.
- Analyzes and leverages risk insights, data, advanced analytics, performance of products and lines of business, and identification of trends to support informed decisions regarding underwriting rules and automation.
- Analyzes Industry underwriting rules and system standards and formulates recommendations that help to identify new market opportunities and system enhancements.
- Benchmarks SB Underwriting Rules against competitors, examining the strengths and weaknesses of PIE relative to those competitors.
- Analyzes and understands competitor positions and makes recommendations for enhancement(s) or development(s) of the PIE Underwriting Rules to strengthen competitive position.
The Right Stuff
- 2 to 5 years of product development/analyst or Underwriting experience, with general insurance background
- Significant knowledge of filing laws, actuarial principles, rate structures and policy form construction; should possess experience in pricing and statistical concepts
- Workers Compensation pricing or product development or underwriting experience strongly preferred
- Strong competence in excel required
- Experience with sql, snowflake, python, or R a big plus
- 2+ years of experience performing various analyses including research and development experience and a working knowledge of product lifecycle management.
- Experience with commercial insurance product automation, processes and functions.
- Experience developing business cases and developing and communicating business needs and project specifications.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.