VP, Total Rewards at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is seeking an experienced VP, Total Rewards to serve as a strategic partner to ensure compensation and benefits programs align with the strategic goals of the company and support a high-performance culture by rewarding and attracting top talent. This leader will interact extensively with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, as well as the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have depth of expertise in designing innovative strategies to serve diverse employee populations, including executive compensation program design and governance. As a member of the Talent & Culture Leadership team, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to overarching talent strategy.
- Build and drive a total rewards philosophy aligned and integrated with the company culture and business objectives
- Develop and refine compensation, benefits and equity programs with a specific focus on creating the necessary foundations to allow a smooth transition to being a publicly traded company
- Collaborate and partner with leadership to understand the challenges related to compensation, benefits, and other reward programs and key issues in attracting, motivating and retaining high quality, diverse talent
- Validate the effectiveness of compensation and benefit programs, ensuring: market competitiveness, enterprise/business objectives are achieved and ability to attract/reward/retain top talent
- Own development of equity compensation strategy and budgeting
- Own the annual compensation cycle, including developing and administering systems & tools
- Manage compensation projects from design through delivery, including budgeting, financial modeling, project planning, communicating and training
- Ensure executive compensation, equity planning and incentive payouts are aligned with business objectives and market benchmarks
- Provide Board of Directors support and analysis as well as supporting the Chief People Officer in the preparation of Compensation Committee materials
- Participate in Compensation Committee meetings
- Work closely with finance partners to ensure effective decision-making, budget, and execution of all benefit and compensation plans
- Drive operational excellence and innovation in all areas of responsibility
- Remain current on industry trends, best practices, compliance, new/progressive processes, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 15+ years of progressive experience in Compensation and Benefits
- 5+ years of Leadership experience
- The ideal candidate will have depth of expertise in designing innovative compensation and benefits models across different employee segments and have experience with executive compensation program design and governance
- Success in creating and articulating complex strategies and plans to both executive management and peers
- Able to evaluate, design and recommend compensation and benefit programs based on market assessment and business strategy
- Significant hands-on experience with data modeling and analysis and global benchmarking
- Direct experience supporting Compensation and Benefits in a public company, including having shared responsibility for the preparation and presentation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and other public disclosure documents
- Excellent strategic, analytical and financial skills
- Demonstrated ability to blend both the art and science of compensation
- Executive presence, one who possesses the depth of experience to comfortably interact with senior executives within the company while remaining accessible to everyone
- An enterprise-wide thinker, with a lens on how decisions made within one site or unit may affect others across the business
- Driven self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to operate autonomously
- Salary Range for this position is $200,000-$250,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Bonus potential
- Open PTO
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description