VP, Talent at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a VP of Talent to help set the vision, strategy and roadmap for our talent acquisition function. Our ideal candidate is a natural people leader and operations guru, passionate about building great teams, defining strategy, developing processes and creating metrics and reporting to make sure the recruiting engine is running efficiently. We’re looking for an innovative thinker to help us continue to scale at pace one of the fastest growing startups in the nation.
As a VP of Talent, you will:
- Design and execute recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire world-class talent in our Denver office and beyond.
- Establish our headcount planning and management processes, working with senior leaders across the company to anticipate their organizational needs and establish their talent acquisition strategies.
- Implement a metrics-based approach to ensure the company’s aggressive hiring plan is achieved efficiently, using benchmarks for planning purposes and taking a data driven approach to identify and solve pain points throughout the hiring funnel.
- Launch new programs to support our hiring goals, from interviewer training and on-campus recruiting to innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace and drive programs (e.g. sourcing and selection) that ensure recruiting strategies attract candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Source, identify and land leadership-level talent.
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs.
- Identify and organize recruitment events to build our employer brand presence.
- Oversee and improve overall candidate experience.
- Grow and develop a best-in-class Talent Acquisition team.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of proven experience managing and scaling a recruiting team across varied business channels.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, making both strategic and tactical decisions to navigate sensitive or confidential issues.
- Strong management and leadership experience and a deep desire to build a bench of strong Talent Acquisition professionals.
- The ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and projects at the same time.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. Confident presenting to large groups, fellow executives, and teammates of all levels. The ability to work and connect with a variety of personalities on cross-functional teams.
- Strong business, analytics and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and initiative. High level of emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability to support innovation and change.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.