VP People at AMP Robotics
VP People 10.7.2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a VP of People to lead and provide a critical partnership with AMP’s leadership team to support our values and culture, create and execute growth strategies, and support the employee’s needs. This individual will represent everyone within the company, develop strategy, drive execution, and maintain a passionate culture within a fast-growing startup, with a key focus on retention and team development. This role has large opportunities for risk-taking and innovation for self-directed individuals passionate about helping others succeed.
As our VP of People, you will work to:
- Lead all employee experience initiatives from building our recruiting, onboarding and talent management strategies (performance, L&D, leadership, coaching) to designing compelling total rewards programs and cultivating a culture that reflects a commitment to our mission and an ongoing investment in our team
- Act as a versatile, “full stack” People leader who can operate both as a strategic business partner, working with the executive team in driving toward company goals, organizational development, as well being a hands-on operator who won’t shy away from stepping into the details of people operations activities (i.e. open enrollment, launching a new HRIS, ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements, etc.)
- Connect the dots and facilitate feedback loops throughout the organization–listen and participate in cross-functional meetings and hold office hours as an HRBP for management and the broader team in order to provide thoughtful, evidence-based and relevant recommendations to ensure we adapt to change and growth while engaging, developing and retaining our exceptional team
- Build a data-driven approach to measuring the effectiveness of our people programs so that we can be responsive to what matters to the AMP team while incorporating best in class Talent & People practices
- Become a credible representative of AMP, capable of articulating the nuance of our business and strategy, team and capabilities and innovative technology in order to represent the company externally as well as partner effectively within the organization
- Show a commitment to diversity and inclusion by valuing the differences unique individuals possess and finding ways to bring them onto our team, ensure they belong and support them as they thrive
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity and a growth-mindset through the challenges and opportunities associated with a dynamic startup environment
- Lead the HR and recruiting team
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a leadership role in HR/People for high growth companies, a (S)PHR or SHRM-(S)CP a plus
- Expertise within diverse HR capabilities such as employee relations, total rewards, performance management, employee engagement, leadership, learning and development programs and the interest in designing tailored programs and processes and taking a hands on role in their implementation and improvement
- Experience partnering with leaders and managers on people and organizational strategy and creating upward momentum within the organization, fostering an environment of growth and development
- Utilize people-related data to aid in strategic decision making; develop key metrics to measure employee engagement, performance and retention
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance issues, including federal, state, and municipal employment laws
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- 10-15 years of HR experience
- 5+ years of experience at a tech startup
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, CO
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $185,000 - $215,000 depending on experience
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).