VP of People at Caliper Foods
About Caliper Holdings
Caliper Holdings was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, represent a major new category in functional ingredients.
Today, Caliper Holdings encompasses three distinct business lines: (1) Caliper, a leading brand of soluble CBD-infused powders available nationwide; (2) Caliper Ingredients, a leading manufacturer of standardized, documented, application-specific cannabinoid solutions for quality-focused CPG companies; and (3) Ripple, a leading brand of marijuana edibles in Colorado (Michigan coming soon).
About the Job:
We are looking for a VP of People to build the next draft of our company. We are at heart a process-focused company, and as we scale up from 70 employees, we need someone as organized as we are to keep our People function on track. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively about organizational structure and candidate sourcing while drawing from a reservoir of proven processes. They will share our belief that calling people “A players” often says more about the labeler than the labeled, and that great culture is a function not just of people, but diligence, consistency, and integrity of action.
As the VP of People, you’ll work with leaders from across our organization to identify and fill gaps in our capabilities. You’ll take ownership of — and improve — our current HR systems covering everything from recruiting to onboarding to development to offboarding. You’ll also be responsible for the day-to-day handling of employee issues.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the Company’s strategic objectives and needs to best lead the HR Operations strategy and execution
- Implement the core areas of a successful HR department, including:
- Performance appraisals
- Talent retention
- Benefits programs
- Update and maintain all employee documentation, such as handbooks, job descriptions, and annual reviews
- Foster a low-drama, high-performance culture that aligns with organizational values and expectations
- Oversee HR best practices to ensure all applicable municipal, state, and federal laws are tracked and followed
- Maintain and grow leadership and communication training programs across all levels of the organization
- Own and improve the systems and software we use to store and manage HR information
What we’ll love about you:
- A process-oriented problem solver who can manage complex situations without panicking
- A natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to talk to people, get their buy in, and move projects forward without blowing anything up
- A team player with a distaste for mercenaries
- An organized person with strong written and verbal communication
- An emotionally mature adult who prefers to work with other emotionally mature adults
- An inquisitive, curious nature that views ignorance as an opportunity to learn or teach
- A willingness to admit error quickly and move immediately on to improvement
- A clear communicator in any format
- Excellent time management skills
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a company, not a cult. We expect you to put in an honest day’s work and then go home to your family. Fire drills are the exception, not the norm.
- We are a team of competent, motivated, diverse, and decent adults.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k, sick leave, and a relaxed office environment.
- We are a workplace of adults who value reasoned debate over political maneuvering. We try to do the right thing and, more importantly, we try to identify and admit when we don’t.
- We offer flexible PTO for all full-time employees. We too value health, relaxation, and spending time with friends and family.
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- 7+ years of experience in a HR leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related experience required
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll, compliance and other HR functions
- Experience with both exempt and non-exempt work force
- Proven ability to manage up and down in an organization
- PHR or SHRM certification is a bonus
Compensation: $120,000-$165,000, depending on relevant experience