VP, People at Sovrn
About the Team
The People Team partners with our employees to give them the tools and education they need to be the best they can be at their job, and enjoy life at Sovrn while they’re doing it. We break down the walls of traditional people actions to adapt to the evolving workforce. Our commitment to the Sovrn team: Do more of what you love. Less of what you don’t.
About the Job
The VP, People will provide strategic HR leadership and direction for the company by defining HR goals and objectives. You will drive organizational effectiveness, retention, and employee engagement. In addition, you will provide leadership and guidance to the HR team by overseeing talent acquisition, talent management, training and leadership development, along with compensation, benefits and employee programs.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop long and short term people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Lead the initiative for people operations, HR, recruiting, onboarding, performance management, talent development/training.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and employee benefits programs to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Be the trusted strategic partner, advisor and coach to the leaders in the organization regarding their own development and the development of their teams.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and guidance to the People Team.
- Build strong connections and communication among employees and between the global offices.
- Create a competitive employment brand for Sovrn that attracts and retains the best talent in our markets.
- Design and apply change management and organizational development strategies and assist organizational change initiatives in support of business strategies.
- Lead people initiatives during acquisitions, helping effectively integrate the new team into the larger Sovrn organization.
- Partner with the Chief of Staff on all people issues related to the executive team, including executive compensation.
You are a leader through and through. Your strength encompasses a compassionate leadership style that empowers the team and leaders to bring their best to the organization. You mentor. You coach. You influence. You’re thoughtful. You are curious, a learner and not afraid to ask questions. Rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds is natural. No job is too small. You drive execution. You enjoy being on a supportive and collaborative team and you are an excellent communicator.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years Human Resources Experience
- 5+ years leading and managing teams
- Experience partnering with executives
- Experience building and implementing People programs that drive company results
- Experience with Google suite, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex relationships and difficult conversations.
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions.
- Ability to drive organizational design and planning.
- Aligning business insights to inform people strategy.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple functional areas of HR such as payroll, benefits, organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, etc
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and managing priorities
- Experience navigating or managing employment law in multiple regions.
- Track record of using metrics and analytics to make data-informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position reports to: Chief of Staff and People
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!