JumpCloud (www.jumpclould.com) is searching for a leader of people. As the company embarks on a phase of rapid growth it is critical to develop and enhance the internal team, structure, processes, and culture of the company. This role will be instrumental in helping JumpCloud rapidly expand its team and maximize each person’s potential with the organization. The leader of people will be at the center of the organization working across all functional areas and groups. Reporting to the CEO, this role is strategic and critical to the company with a seat at the executive table.
JumpCloud will develop its people within the framework of its culture or what we like to call our operating system. JumpCloud’s OS is a model for how decisions are made, people are hired, communication happens, and behavioral norms. In short, it is the core values, philosophies, and principles for how we will build our organization. Our head of people will own this aspect for our organization building upon what the founding team has created.
In addition to building our culture and recruiting our team, the leader of people will build a strong HR infrastructure that includes progressive and innovative compensation practices, performance reviews, and benefits to incent, motivate, and reward effective performance.
Areas of responsibilities will include:
- Culture and people development (training, mentorship, etc.)
- Recruiting, training, and talent management/planning
- Employee onboarding
- Total rewards (compensation, equity incentives, benefits programs, etc.)
- Management training
- Performance review programs
- Ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate business goals into strategic plan for people – our leader of people will own the strategic and tactical plans for the growth of our organization. This role will require a deep understanding of our business and its goals in order to develop the right team with the right skills, talents, and characteristics to execute on those objectives.
- Build the OS of the company – our head of people will formalize how the company operates. This includes how we make decisions, behavioral norms, and communication patterns. Often referred to as culture, JumpCloud’s approach to this is to create the standards of how the team will operate together including how we interface with each other. Every person in the company should be crystal clear on what we stand for and what we won’t tolerate. The OS of our company will enable our team to move incredibly quickly with more certainty.
- Unlock the team’s potential – as a SaaS software company, there is nothing more valuable to us than unlocking our team’s potential. That means creating plans for each person on our team on how to maximize their growth in a direction mutually beneficial for them and our team. These programs could include training, mentorship, new roles, or other mechanisms of growth.
- Recruiting top talent – as the company continues to grow, we will need to find talented individuals to join the team. Our head of people will develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation. Our head of people will also train our leaders on how to hire people that meet or exceed our criteria while most importantly, maintaining our culture. Our head of people should help ensure that we are raising the bar with each person that we hire.
- HR infrastructure – every organization needs to determine norms for compensation, benefits, performance reviews, and JumpCloud is no different. However, at JumpCloud we want to leverage this area to build trust and drive from our team. Each person at JumpCloud should always know where they stand with the company, their manager, and how to achieve the next milestones in their career. Our leader of People will help make that happen.
We’re looking for…
- 10+ years of experience in high tech software people management
- Track record of building successful programs, consensus, and comfortable having both strategic and tactical responsibilities in a fast growing organization
- Proven track record with employee development, organization design, and performance management in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Proven track record of building diverse and inclusive teams within the high-tech industry
- Business, Engineering, Organization Psychology or Psychology, HR or MBA degree
- Ability to easily and deeply connect with all people
- Talent to solve complex people problems & diffuse difficult situations
- Expertise in anticipating issues across the organization and recognizing opportunities and proactively developing initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (please provide a cover letter)
- Presentation skills and strong presence within a group setting
- Organized, consistent, and persistent with strong follow-up capabilities
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
Why JumpCloud? We have a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing people to accomplish a bold mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance company will be valued!