VP, People Operations at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a VP of People Operations to ensure our employees, teams, and organizations are healthy, thriving, and able to deliver on our ambitious business goals.
In particular, the VP of People Operations will collaborate with Guild’s senior leaders in the Tech and Payments and Shared Services Business Units to establish and refine People programs within their organizations. You will influence performance management, talent management, and compensation; bring best practices in areas such as organizational development, diversity and inclusion, and employee relations; lead a team of People Operations Partners and Talent Acquisition professionals; and collaborate closely with other VP’s of People Operations.
As a VP of People Operations, you will:
- Build strategic partnerships with senior leaders to support the ongoing success of their business units through people and culture .
- Define and support the full employee lifecycle post-hire (e.g. on-boarding, development, evaluation, promotion, rewards, recognition, retention, and exit) for both exempt and nonexempt employees in a broad spectrum of roles housed in your designated business units.
- Coach managers to implement best practices for employee and manager development, talent management, interpersonal and team dynamics, complex employee relations matters, retention, employee engagement, workforce planning, and legal compliance.
- Provide talent insights as a credible member of the executive team. Offer data-supported recommendations to bolster areas of strength, mitigate areas of concern, and anticipate possible outcomes.
- Drive Guild's diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure Guild is an equitable, inclusive Company that enables employees to bring their best selves to work.
- Proactively identify areas of risk (legal, cultural, etc.) and create actionable plans to mitigate.
- Help teams better use data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness, culture, and morale of Guild teams.
- Act as an ambassador of Guild’s culture, values, and behaviors.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of progressive strategic experience in Human Resources (including process, procedure, and best practices), preferably in a start-up environment.
- An HR degree or equivalent HR / People Operations experience, with a demonstrated understanding of talent and HR practices, policies, and laws.
- Experience overseeing multi-state people operations, including building and scaling performance management, rewards, diversity and inclusion, and talent management programs.
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and using strategic skills to drive and influence appropriate solutions.
- Ability to operate in an innovative fast-paced environment balancing multiple, competing priorities and projects at the same time.
- Experience making both strategic and tactical decisions to navigate sensitive or confidential issues.
- Clear management and leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to build a deep bench of HR professionals.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. Confident presenting to large groups, fellow executives, and teammates of all levels. The ability to work and connect with a variety of personalities on cross-functional teams.
- Strong business, analytics and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and initiative. High level of emotional intelligence.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.