VP of Human Resources
The VP of Human Resources will be a key partner to the CEO and executive leadership team in building and driving the people strategy for the Company. Focus is on ensuring the business is aligned with the strategy, has the leadership talent, organizational structure, processes, skills and culture in place to accelerate growth.
Initially, this implies building core HR capabilities and functional performance, together with providing practical coaching/training and advice to leaders and employees around how to navigate change, maximize talent and ensure employee engagement.
This position requires a seasoned HR leader and strategist who possesses the ability to build HR strategy and function in a rapid growth stage of development. The successful candidate must have a strong vision for the future, be smart, agile intellectually and an advocate for appropriate change. It follows that the individual will have a high level of personal discipline and have the experience and confidence to balance process with practicality. Exposure to entrepreneurial culture in the technical space is a critical requirement. The individual will understand the operational, strategic and cultural dimensions of the business. This person will posses an eye for growth and strategy, be tactical, be attentive and detail oriented and capable of making balanced trade-offs when necessary. The successful candidate will possess superior business acumen, a high energy level and be very purpose and value driven.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for navigating within a high growth environment that rapidly changes
- Responsible for designing an on-boarding system where people are able to get acclimated and situated in their position
- Responsible for creating and driving a culture and climate where employees thrive and feel valued
- Works closely with executive team on long- and short-term initiatives that support rapid growth without “burn-out”
- Review, replace and reinforce HR administrative processes
- Design a 2-4 year talent acquisition program as Company expands nationally and internationally
- Provide a well-executed leadership training program. Provide one-on-one coaching as needed.
- Develop a “mentoring program” for most positions within Company
- Act as the “legal compliance” officer for all employment matters
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have advanced knowledge of HR Tech stack
- Must have advanced knowledge of HR practices, including multi-state and International employment matters
- Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Solid time management – knows what’s important and doesn't get side tracked
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively and decisively
- Demonstrates effective communication skills through diplomacy and persuasion to overcome strong personalities
- Successful track record of developing and leading the HR function in particular areas around talent acquisition, performance management, change management, compensation planning and design, and benefit plan design
- We need monthly tactical execution, not a 2-4 year plan. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively be a “change agent” as Company continues to grow.
- Ability to collaborate effectively on “both sides” with management and employees
- High level of analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible around “directional changes” and deal with constant interruptions
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- BS degree in related area
- Masters a plus
- PHR and SPHR certification required
- 12-15 years HR experience, including 5 plus years in a leadership role in a PE backed technology company
- International experience would be beneficial
- Important to have prior “large company” experience 6-8 years and “emerging company” experience 5-7 years with revenues from 20 million to 100 million and employee growth from 100-250.
Mersive offers competitive compensation and benefits providing choice and flexibility for our employees. Our offerings include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Generous PTO plan
- Company paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, open and pet friendly work environment
*** ONLY COLORADO LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED***