Vice President of Human Resources
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Job Summary: The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s HR operations. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Responsible for training, development, coaching, and performance management.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organization’s staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Prior experience with an organization that has scaled up or a high growth culture highly desired.
- Prior experience at a start-up within tech highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s or law degree highly preferred.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Free in-office monthly massages
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Paid gym membership
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains