Training Specialist at Pie Insurance (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, October 28, 2021
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Training Specialist is responsible for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of training programs. They conduct needs assessment and identify performance gaps and implement training best practices to ensure alignment with company needs. This position will administer training for designated groups with the ability to deliver, project and motivate trainees through effective training methodologies, both in-person and virtual classroom dynamics.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work in the United States once our offices reopen with up to 30% travel to Denver and/or DC.
How You'll Do It
- Knowledge & Skill Assessments:
- Work with subject matter experts and identify the target audience’s training needs.
- Assess initial knowledge of trainees to set benchmarks to measure training progress against.
- Evaluate trainees' progress and add or adapt information to ensure information retention.
- Curriculum Design:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Build systems, programs and curriculums that use visual instructional graphics,have aesthetically pleasing user interfaces and meet the functionality needed for the finished product.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc).
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
- Develop and refine video content for partner facing resources.
- Content Delivery:
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Conduct training sessions in-person and virtually.
- Follow up with stakeholders post-training to ensure effectiveness of training sessions.
- Report on impact of training programs.
- Assist in onboarding new team members in sales, business development, customer success.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-years experience in insurance account management, sales, or underwriting.
- A minimum of 3-years experience in instructional design, curriculum development and training delivery required.
- Advanced communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team.
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Intermediate awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- Advanced leadership skills with experience leading large or technical teams through complex deliverables.
- Strong working knowledge of G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), basic office equipment.
- Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Look, Brainshark and the ability to storyboard.
- Working knowledge of tactics, competencies and performance indicators for sales and customer service roles.
- Strong understanding of learning & development and various training methodologies.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $65,500 - $76,600
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding