Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world in which we live.
Wurk is looking for an experienced Training Manager to join our rapidly growing organization. The right candidate will devise our organizational training strategy, oversee its implementation, and assess its outcomes. You will identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that build our brand and solidify our footprint in the cannabis payroll industry.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Identify and assess future and current training needs
- Design and implement operations training programs from the ground-up for each discipline
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Work across many departments to get employees up to speed in both their specific vertical and the overall needs of the company.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Manage training budget
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices
What you’ll need to have!
- Proven work experience as a training manager
- Working knowledge of Learning Management (LMS) Systems
- Track record in designing and executing successful internal training programs
- 5+ years of Management experience
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and the record-keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Good computer and database skills
- A great sense of teamwork, camaraderie, and a desire to share and celebrate individual successes
- BS degree in education, human resources or relevant field
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading the industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Dog-Friendly Workspace
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Due to our small size and the abundance of Denver-based applicants in this 2% unemployment market, we will not be facilitating any relocation and will only be contacting local talent at this time. If you live in Denver and want to work in the heart of the city, we want to meet you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.