Trainer at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
The Trainer, as part of a training team, develops and conducts training programs for new hires and existing employees.
What you’ll do:
- Develop/deliver/improve training to new employees in Denver.
- Develop/conduct refresher training as needed.
- Monitor employee performance and response to training. Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Evaluate training effectiveness through feedback forms and assessments during and after training.
- Confer with management, supervisors, and employees to recognize work situations requiring training and to ascertain changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Make suggestions on improving work procedures, quality, productivity, communication, and technological advancement across the department.
- Assist in maintaining documentation for supported departments.
- Create instruction manuals, handouts, job aids, facilitator and participant guides as needed.
- Assist coaches with self-development for improving post-classroom results.
- Provide train-the-trainer and technical writing assistance for subject matter experts as needed.
- Represent ezCater and its culture when attending to training at alternate sites.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in corporate teaching.
- Communication - excellent writing and verbal skills required.
- Cultural Awareness - recognize and respect different beliefs, values and customs while supporting and portraying company values.
- Relationship Management - maintain a continuous level of engagement and responsiveness, providing support and feedback.
- Travel up to 75% of the time to alternate sites should be expected
- One year top-level Customer Service experience
- New Hire Customer Service Coaching experience strongly preferred
- Teaching/Training/Presentation experience strongly preferred
- Adult Learning experience strongly preferred
- Education or certification in Adult Learning and Performance a plus
- Experience with e-learning/LMS/virtual training a plus
Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why this job is perfect for you --and you for the job.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized RTD-passes, a great office in the heart of Denver, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.