Built In Colorado honors Pie in its 2021 Best Places to Work Awards
Pie Insurance Raises $118 Million in Series C Funding
Pie Insurance Named a Leading Place to Work in Colorado
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie is transforming small business insurance - starting with workers’ compensation. We are driven by our core values that guide every decision we make, the community we build, and the service we deliver to our small business customers. Like our small business customers, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a Technical Sourcer on our Talent Team, you'll work closely with our Recruiters and hiring managers to develop strategies to find high quality, passive candidates for our Engineering and Product teams. As a Technical Sourcer working across the Engineering and Product organization, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s ability to scale our business with exceptional Pie-oneers.
We will consider this role for continued remote work with some work/travel to our offices in Denver or DC.
How You'll Do It:
- Generate pipelines of high quality, passive candidates by utilizing robust, creative, and outside-the-box sourcing strategies to identify and engage with passive technical talent.
- Conduct initial screens with candidates to qualify their experience against the Hiring Managers requirements.
- Design top-of-funnel strategy alongside Recruiters and Hiring Teams, serving as the subject matter expert on the competitive landscape and on creative sourcing techniques.
- Prioritize building a diverse team at every step of the recruiting process, ensuring our top-of-funnel efforts and interviews provide candidates of all backgrounds with equal, unbiased consideration and opportunity.
- Share detailed information about the role, the team, and life at Pie with candidates to generate their enthusiasm about the team even further.
- Develop a strong understanding of Pie’s tech stack and a familiarity with the needs of all of our technical teams.
The Right Stuff
- 2+ years of experience sourcing technical talent within a high-growth, startup or recruiting agency, preferred.
- Prior experience managing upwards of 5 hard-to-fill roles at any given time.
- Proactive self-starter who navigates ambiguity with ease.
- Results-oriented and always eager to get things done, but never at the cost of a thoughtful or strategic approach. You use data to inform your priorities and actions, and track metrics to understand your progress.
- You know this job is first and foremost a partnership, with candidates and with the teams you recruit for; you take a proactive, consultative approach with these relationships, building trust consistently and quickly.
- Communication is one of your most salient strengths. You are proactive, clear, and compelling in your written and oral communication.
- The team is a priority for you; you care about our goals as an organization, enable others to do their best work, and love working together to come up with the best solutions.
- You are insatiably curious and a lifelong learner, always seeking to improve your craft and to learn everything there is to know about the company, the teams you partner with, the market, recruiting... you know you are never done learning and invest in the journey!
- Experience using a variety of sourcing tools including but not limited to: LinkedIn Recruiter, StackOverflow, GitHub, Entelo, Hiretual, Gem, Beamery, Hired.com,
- Experience with Lever and/or Greenhouse is preferred.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $78,000 - $100,000
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.