Talent Operations Specialist
CampMinder’s Talent & Culture function develops and manages programs and initiatives that drive the company’s top priority of employee engagement. As the organization grows, the need to hire, engage, and develop great people becomes ever more critical. To that end, we are seeking a Talent Operations Specialist to play an important role in building and sustaining a world-class employee experience as we scale our team and business.
This right candidate for this role has an unusual degree of empathy combined with a natural desire to maximize outcomes. As a result, they are driven to understand and continuously refine the employee experience. With strong emotional intelligence and stellar judgment, they can operate effectively in complex and often ambiguous circumstances and are skilled at integrating multiple viewpoints and needs to produce win-for-all solutions. They invest in building rapport with colleagues across the organization and have an intuitive talent for knowing what, how, and when to communicate.
Reporting to the VP of Talent & Culture, this role offers an outstanding opportunity to learn and gain experience in all facets of talent management, including recruiting, employer branding, employee engagement, performance management, total rewards management (compensation and benefits programs), employee relations, HR technology systems, and more.
What You’ll Do In This Role:
- Collaborating with the VP of Talent & Culture to develop, implement, and manage programs and initiatives in support of employee engagement goals
- Own and manage the recruitment process for specific roles
- Maintain up-to-date records of candidate activity in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse)
- Work with hiring managers to coordinate onboarding/training schedules and deliver HR onboarding presentations to new hires
- Update our HRIS (TriNet) and other HR systems with new hire information, role changes/promotions, and terminations
- Serve as an internal resource on questions related to pay, benefits (including the open enrollment process), and PTO; liaise with TriNet representatives when needed
- Identify and pursue philanthropic and corporate social responsibility initiatives in line with organizational goals
- Develop Talent & Culture-related content for CampMinder’s blog and social media channels that supports recruitment priorities and builds employer brand awareness
- Assist with collecting data and completing applications for workplace awards programs
- Plan and execute company-wide events, such as Last Thursdays (our monthly all-hands meeting), quarterly happy hours, the annual holiday party, the spring outing, the end-of-summer party, and other ad hoc events
- Contribute to a hospitable and smoothly functioning office environment, which includes tasks such as ordering and organizing office supplies, liaising with property management and other service providers, ensuring a tidy office environment, greeting candidates and guests, and identifying creative and cost effective enhancements to the day-to-day office experience
What We’re Looking For:
- A commitment to CampMinder’s core values of Put Team First, Be Admirable, Own It, Find A Better Way, Give Joy, and Wonder
- A familiarity with the concepts outlined in 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership and an active, ongoing practice of growing and developing oneself as a leader
- 1+ years’ experience in an internal recruiting or HR role is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and processes
- Highly developed emotional intelligence; skilled at coaching others toward positive and productive outcomes
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including finely tuned listening skills
- A creative, resourceful, “can do” approach in the face of challenges and constraints
- Strong organizational skills, with impeccable attention to details large and small
- A genuine enthusiasm for and desire to learn more about the field of HR – including a willingness to pursue an HR certification such as the PHR or SHRM-CP within a year of hire
The position is eligible for participation in CampMinder’s standard benefits program, including health insurance and 401(k) participation with matching contributions. As a non-exempt, hourly employee, the Talent Operations Specialist is eligible for an accrual-based PTO program.
Since 2001, CampMinder has been creating fast, intuitive, web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. The company works with over 850 of the industry’s leading camps, throughout the United States and beyond. Based in Boulder, CO, CampMinder cultivates a purpose-driven, values-led culture. CampMinder was recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America in 2017 and 2018 and was named one of INC. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2019. Please learn more by visiting www.campminder.com.